Invisalign is only indicated for mild to moderate crowding of the teeth. An excellent indication for Invisalign is to retreat the crowding that has occurred in patients who have previously worn braces. The advantages of Invisalign are aesthetics and comfort. Find out more by visiting www.invisalign.com.
Orthodontics has become an integral part of overall treatment for many of our patients — especially in more demanding aesthetic cases. In conjunction with our entire team of dentists, we are able to provide whatever treatment is needed in order to meet your special needs.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
Although Invisalign® can’t be used with patients needing more serious tooth relocation, if it is possible to use Invisalign® the system has many advantages over traditional braces:
- Cosmetic appeal— Aligners are virtually invisible, even from close up.
- Less discomfort— Invisalign® doesn’t have wires to poke your cheeks or bands to rub on your lips.
- Easy hygiene— For brushing and flossing, simply remove the aligners.
- Eat whatever you want— No more need to cut off corn on the cob or avoid chewy foods.
- Greater flexibility— Play trumpet in the band? Simply remove your aligners when practicing.
- No tightening sessions— Simply switch to the next aligner in the series every two weeks.
- Little or no impact on daily life — Invisalign® basically allows the patient to eat, brush, and live normally, all the while straightening his or her teeth.
Will the Invisalign aligners affect my speech?
When you put your first set of aligners in your mouth, it may take 10 minutes or so to get used to the feeling, but they are very comfortable and you’ll soon forget you have them in most of the time. Because the aligners fit over your teeth without covering the roof of your mouth, most patients don’t report any problems with speech when wearing their aligner trays.
Can I chew gum or eat anything with my Invisalign aligners?
You cannot chew anything with your Invisalign® aligners in. You can drink water, but that’s it. To eat or chew anything, you need to remove your aligner trays. It’s probably a good idea to give up lots of gum chewing, only because doing so will cut down on the time with your aligners on your teeth, and it is very important that you have at them on your teeth from 20-22 hours per day.
How long will my Invisalign treatment take?
Every patient has a unique situation, so there isn’t a set treatment time. But at Agnini average treatment time for our Invisalign® patients is around one year. Less severe movement cases could take less time. Also, if at the end of your
anticipated treatment duration we feel your teeth still need more movement, we simply can order more aligner trays.